The primitive methods of extraction and crushing of stone then in operation, coupled with a customer base extending no further than the local farming community, has given way to a business with a highly valued customer base incorporating private, commercial, agriculture, construction, concrete products, utility, transportation and public sectors.
Over the past century the quarry base has moved from its initial set up in the Spelga mountains, advancing to a larger quarry in Goward before relocating to its present location purchased by Peter Fitzpatrick (son of the founder) in the leode hills just outside the village of Hilltown. Bought in 1955 this quarry is now owned by the third generation of Fitzpatrick’s who proudly share their Father and Grandfather’s vision. From delivery to a few local farmers, the customer base has now extended across the island of Ireland, the United Kingdom and into the European mainland.
Proudly moving forward into the new millennium, the sons and daughter of the present owners have added their professional expertise and skills to the ever expanding business. Together with a dedicated workforce of 42 highly trained men and women they deliver a high quality comprehensive list of products and services. This includes quarrying, contracting, asphalt production and other construction related activities. Delivery and spreading of ground limestone for agricultural purposes continues to be offered to local farmers.